Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Vegas, Baby!

Getting ready and feeling scatter-brained.  Tomorrow I leave for Las Vegas for 5 days.  I am both excited and nervous.  I am going to be attending a travel conference and bringing my husband along for the ride.  I am super excited to have a getaway with him and also to learn even more about my business and network with others.  I am nervous and anxious to leave my kids for 5 days.  I have never left them both for more than one night and it is hard to think I can't just run to them if they should need me. 

The sad thing for me, as a travel agent, is I have not been on an airplane in over 3 years.  Shhhhhhhhh!  That is pretty embarrassing for me in my profession.  The great thing about me for my clients is that I am very organized and thorough and love to keep up on the latest and greatest news online and in training. Even though I am not out roaming the world currently, I feel I have a lot to offer. 

I am excited to board that plane with my husband and look forward to a busy weekend full of fun.  While I am attending meetings and training sessions, Tony has a full list of things he would like to see and do.  Lucky him!  We have a few items on the list to experience together and I am pretty certain I will not be sleeping much all weekend long.  So much for a vacation!

My parents are kind enough to watch our young kids while we are gone.  They love it, and my kids love being with them.  They spoil them as grandparents should, so everyone is happy all around.  My almost 5-year old has been planning what she wants to pack and which movies she wants to watch with Grammy.  My almost 2-year old is generally very easy going, but he has been very clingy in the last few weeks.  I am worried for that separation, but I have no doubt that my parents will be able to distract him and keep him busy and he will be surrounded by fun and love. 

I have most of my clothes packed up so tonight will be scramble time getting my toiletries and business stuff ready to go.  I am trying to organize my work space at school so that I don't return to co-workers that hate me.  I need to get the reports done for my kids' school so that I don't return to work waiting for me on Sunday night.  Finally, I still need to pack my kids up and we will be on our way.

I have a lot to do with little time now and, on top of it all, our dryer went out last night.  Luckily, we had completed all of our laundry for the trip so the concern will be if it is fixed before we return home---returning from a trip without working laundry could be a real headache.  I might just have to call in sick on Monday with nothing to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment