Monday, February 20, 2012

Tech Tool 2: Google Docs

It is now February and our tool to learn and work on this month is Google Docs. I have had some training and experience in using this tool before. I have found it doesn't work so well for me in my position at Park Center because all the docs I would love to collaborate with others online are way too big and the formatting gets compromised.
I have used Google Docs for smaller tasks and for other jobs outside of school. For example, I created a whole Google Site for my kids' daycare/preschool which incorporated uploading some Google Docs as well.

This month, so far, I created a personal spreadsheet including sites I want to visit while I am in New York City over spring break. I have shared it with my husband for him to view and add his input as well. It will be nice to have easy access to those things we want to see and do including neighborhoods, addresses, phone numbers, and websites.

I will have to think of something work-related to share with some of you to officially complete this task. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome you're using google in your pesonal life. I love google! Sometimes I joke that google owns my life: my phone, email, calendar, docs, search engine. Ugh. But in the end I feel more productive and that I communicated more clearly and promptly.

    ReplyDelete